.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Who Killed Osama Bin Laden

Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. One of in Laden#39;s main
  • One of in Laden#39;s main



  • Kid Red
    Sep 12, 06:33 PM
    Wow, a TON OF YOU totally miss the iTV purpose, to stream content FROM YOUR MAC! That's why no tuner, no storage, no anything!! Does Airport Express have storage, an antenna, etc?!? NO!!!

    I love this! I want one today! I'm going to get a huge HD, maybe two of them and start my stored media collection on my G5 that I can wirelessly access in my HT room from the iTV's wireless remote!! I love it!! Music, Family photos in a slide show, eyegato to record HD programs!! Awesome!!!

    This so rocks and will make a ton of money for Apple! I can't wait, this is truly what I've been looking for as there's no HDMI out on my G5!!





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama bin Laden killed by US
  • Osama bin Laden killed by US



  • JackAxe
    Sep 26, 05:31 PM
    I didn't know the Renderman Maya plug-in was not mult-threaded. I was thinking of getting it, are you saying it's only a one cpu renderer?





    Yep. :( I know of a peep on the OS X Maya forum that ended up buying the full version. I don't have the money for that sort of thing, so I'm not going to buy until the RenderMan Plug-in supports whatever 64-bit version of Maya is released in the future. Then I'll also be upgrading Maya. :)

    ***
    You can download the eval copy to try it out.

    <]=)





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama bin Laden Killed amp; what
  • Osama bin Laden Killed amp; what



  • steve_hill4
    Jul 12, 06:08 AM
    just wondering, have you not seen my posts on the dell workstation? that has dual woodcrests, and, be still my heart 16X PCI EXPRESS! :) That's how it has the quadro FX 4500 video card. And you can even get a version that has a riser for a 2nd PCI-Express 16X slot so you can have 2x the Quadro 4500!

    Also, According to the articles on the appleinsider site, apple has had INTEL doing the logic board.
    Exactly, the logic board will not be available off the shelf, so we don't know what will be on it yet.

    Oh and if I'm not mistaken, isn't this a motherboard for Woodcrest that supports PCI express 16x?

    http://www.iwill.net/product_2.asp?p_id=109





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden has been
  • Osama Bin Laden has been



  • Multimedia
    Oct 26, 01:22 AM
    well i must say i'd be kinda suprized to see an update this early with apple. especially since i just bought a mac pro. i'd be mad if the prices of the one i just bought goes downIt is not early. You should have known about this since August. I did.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. killed Osama bin Laden
  • killed Osama bin Laden



  • nixd2001
    Oct 12, 09:48 AM
    Originally posted by MacCoaster

    javajedi's Java and Cocoa/Objective-C code has been available here (http://members.ij.net/javajedi) for a couple of days. My C# port is available for examination if you e-mail me.

    I was thinking of the x86 and PPC assembler produced for the core loops. I could bung the C through GCC and get some assembler on my windy tunnels, true, but I'm not geared up to do the Windows side of things.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden
  • Osama Bin Laden



  • balamw
    Apr 14, 07:11 PM
    It's not a BSD vs. Linux issue, either OS can run either shell or even run different shells in different windows on the same machine

    This is generally true, but there are other subtle differences. Some of the provided utilities in Linux are GNU versions of the same utilities provided in Mac OS X. They sometimes can have different command line options than other versions. Fortunately you can install the GNU versions from MacPorts easily.

    e.g. the Mac OS version of ls has an option "-@" which is not implemented in the GNU version for Mac OS specific extended attributes, and the GNU version implement verbose options like: --recursive instead of -R.

    B





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama bin Laden was killed.
  • Osama bin Laden was killed.



  • takao
    Mar 13, 04:40 PM
    I wouldn't be so smug if I was you. Looks like Austria uses over 60% imported oil and gas for electricity manufacture (http://ec.europa.eu/energy/energy_policy/doc/factsheets/mix/mix_at_en.pdf)... that Persian Gulf political turmoil must be pretty exciting for you guys, yes? Probably costly too.

    You're also reliant on those nice people in Russia to keep their natural gas pipelines open (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia–Ukraine_gas_disputes), aren't you... being land-locked and all.

    you know what actually is costly ? the US policies in regard to Iran: it actually prevented developing the south iranian gas fields for use for european earth gas users since the US embargoes any company doing business with iran in excess of 10 million dollar ... and because of the US preventing alternative sources we are depending on Russia which had been a consistent supplier for more than half a century

    nice distraction from your own argument ... where is the terror and war in which austria is involved because of the lack of nuclear energy ?
    i would rather claim that nuclear power plants, construction of such powerplants, nuclear fuel production etc. bring forward a lot more international conflict





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden killed in top.
  • Osama Bin Laden killed in top.



  • Howdr
    Mar 18, 11:23 AM
    People who complain that your service provider is going to make you follow the ru:eek:les unnerve me with their uncanny ability to disregard all that stands to reason with the sustainability of your "toys." They are like little sissies on the playground crying after a Barbie Doll has been taken from them. Those people should man up and start paying for the footprint they leave on the network.
    WOW in plain English......... If you use a lot you should pay for it.

    OK I agree

    but AT&T are the ones who advertise Unlimited Data

    Should they not "Man UP"? and stop this hiding behind definitions of nonsense in a contract.

    Essentially the point many and I make is

    we pay for Data that is contracted as unlimited,
    At&t then has a contract that says its unlimited Data with us and then says they can decide when its abused.

    OK using 5gb or less is not considered abuse by them, OK

    But tethering 100mb of that 5gb is abuse even though it does not go over the usage and it makes no network difference to At&t

    the problem is the contract itself is contradictory in how it is written and the enforcement of this issue is in huge suspect, At&t truly may not have one kb of proof that you tethered.

    I see many problems with this.

    Lawsuits? Class action maybe not individuals.

    and it would have to be those paying for tethering and or charged a fine for doing so or forced into a tethering contract.

    Not I, I have no emails nothing, = No harm.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden Quotes: A Look
  • Osama Bin Laden Quotes: A Look



  • Tobsterius
    Apr 13, 06:39 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)

    Looks like Apple made it easier to use and the so-called "Pros" feel threatened by that because it takes less specialized knowledge to do impressive work. We might not be there yet, but in time even grandma can edit. You get the point.

    Part of the reason established IT folk feel so threatened by Apple.

    You're incorrect... well... at least I think you are.

    I have yet to meet a professional in this field that resists products getting easier to use. But what professionals hate are changes so drastic that 1) there's a learning curve, thus slowing them down, preventing them to make a living and 2) removing features that significantly change the workflow that allow them to work quickly and creatively.

    Number 2 is my biggest worry. A complete rewrite is great. 64 bit is great. Grand Central is great. Multi-Core is great. What isn't great is the potential loss of features. Even the littlest feature, that most people would find mundane, could be very important to editors who've become used to that feature being in their workflow.

    I work in broadcast/cable news where editors have to turn packages around quickly. You remove features that prevent them to work quickly because it altered their workflow... well now you're in trouble.

    I can buy the excuse "Well they'll add it in version 2" if we're talking about consumer programs like iMovie. iMovie is not "mission critical."

    But that feature that existed in the old-world FCP versions MUST be in X from day one, IMO, or else Apple will face a steep uphill battle to win FCP editors back.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. killed Osama bin Laden,
  • killed Osama bin Laden,



  • ehoui
    Apr 27, 06:47 PM
    That's the line of thought of the type of agnostic who believes that we can't know (rather than someone who is undecided or doesn't know). But the all the speculation is fun, regardless.

    It's no more "fun" than arguing that one knows that God exists or does not.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama bin Ladenwas killed.
  • Osama bin Ladenwas killed.



  • greenstork
    Sep 12, 04:50 PM
    There's no need for DVR functionality. Apple will replace your cable subscription. You just subscribe to the shows you want and al la carte other shows after that. Networks will probably even do the season premieres free to get you hooked or add sponsor the shows to make them free. TV on demand is obviously the next wave - even the cable companies know it and have on demand etc. I mean not to be racist but I'm happy to stop paying comcast for the 10+ stations that are in languages I don't even speak. I barely speak english - hahaha.

    In conclusion - its the same data - just different timing.

    Except the quality just won't be there yet with this device. As everyone runs out to buy flat screen TVs this year and next, they're going to get home and want to play iTunes movies only to be completely dismayed by the 640x480 content/quality. 4:3 resolution, yuck :confused:

    I know it's 802.11 and certainly features an HDMI out, but streaming 720p HD TV takes about 480 Mbps of bandwith, according to Ars:http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060906-7681.html Even 802.11n would have trouble with an uncompressed 720p signal, so quality will most likely be compromised as streaming video is increasingly compressed.

    I'm happy to ditch Comcast's 25 shopping channels, in favor of a paid siubscription model, but I'm guessing that the cable & satellite companies are going to do HD a heck of a lot better than Apple.

    And in the meantime, Apple's selection of TV shows kinda blows. There are one or two that I like that are available, and 10 shows that I love that are completely missing. Until everything I might want to watch is available, there's no way I'm ditching my cable company, and this may never happen.

    Television content providers and producers are beholden to advertisers, who need a medium to peddle their wares. These advertisers hate this Apple subscription model, which I'm guessing is one of the big reasons why the iTV doesn't have any DVR capabilities.

    Those companies that distribute television and movies (like Apple et al.) -- that are in bed with the content providers, don't really support/sell DVRs -- with the possible exception of the cable & satellite companies themselves, who have monopoly-like power.

    I'm sure TiVo would have loved to implement a movie store years ago but the content providers hate TiVo. As cynical as it sounds, the only way you're going to get all of the technological functionality that you want is if you build it yourself or tolerate advertisements.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. How Osama Bin Laden was killed
  • How Osama Bin Laden was killed



  • Nermal
    Oct 7, 06:48 PM
    I had a couple apps brick my i730 back when I was on Verizon. I ended up having to hard reset and resync all my contacts.

    If you were able to reset and get it working again, then it wasn't bricked. "Bricked" means that the device now has the functionality of a brick. You cannot reset a brick, and certainly can't synch contacts with one :)





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. osama bin laden killed.
  • osama bin laden killed.



  • ender78
    Oct 25, 11:27 PM
    What I see Apple doing is milking their pricing agreements with Intel. The only reason that I can see Apple sticking out so long with Core Duo is that after the Core 2 Duo processors were released, Intel cut prices on the older chips. Intel's manufacturing pipelines are short [announce processor , produce, move on]. Apple must have gotten a great deal on the older Duos [I know they are not old processors, just no longer top of the line].

    What did Apple have to loose by delaying the introduction of the Core 2 Duo [the sales of 10 machines whose sales went to Dell?]. I suspect that anyone that held out for the Core 2 Duo, bought one in the last two days, and did not go to a competitor. Let's not forget that while every other vendor may have announced a Core 2 Duo notebook in the last two months, Apple likely took more orders in the last two days, than some of those vendors have had in the last two months. Apple now has the x86 pipeline open to them, they will make a move when it benefits them financially, and not before.

    I personally expect the the 8 Core machine at Macworld. There is little reason for Apple to release the machine before then. I'm itching for a Quad but can easily wait [especially since I do not expect a price premium on the machine, the next processor will cost little more than the four core version today]. I am also hoping to see Leopard at Macworld.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. killed Osama bin Laden. is
  • killed Osama bin Laden. is



  • aswitcher
    Jul 12, 07:10 AM
    I'm _sure_ that Apple has a surpise for us wrt the Conroe /Conroe XE CPU.... a nice smallish desktop Mac (we can hope, can't we?) :cool:

    And if they back it up fully with software features in Leopard and iLife07, Macs should leap ahead as multimedia machines...dedicated processor for video to avoid any missed frames recordings or playing.





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama bin Laden killed in
  • Osama bin Laden killed in



  • iJohnHenry
    Apr 25, 12:33 PM
    This takes responsibility away from what God would want, to what we think is right. I believe this to be a more realistic approach.

    Comma added, because my brain was starting to hurt. ;)

    And I agree, but then 'power' is lost, and that just won't do, now will it? :rolleyes:





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. osama bin laden killed
  • osama bin laden killed



  • winmacguy
    Mar 18, 02:17 PM
    It's a great convenience until the RIAA gets pissed and either changes their mind about downloadable music or tells Apple to hike their prices.

    We shouldn't worry though, Apple will defeat this in no time.

    Maybe some big company should tell the greedy money grubbing RIAA to "go jump in the Lake" and just leave things how they are instead of trying to change Apples DRM and create even more restrictions to what you can do with legally purchased music. Maybe if the greedy money grubbing RIAA looked at changeing its business model to bring it inline with the newer digital age it might find some better way of doing things. After all there is NO evidence that file sharing kills music and CD sales.

    What the evidence actually tells us is file sharers are downloading singles which the music industry doesnt cater for so they get the impression that they are losing sales.

    Hmmmm methinks that maybe the RIAA needs to adjust its buiness model to meet the changing music environment rather than change the business environment to keep with its outdated business model.

    Cheers Winmacguy

    PS I was aware as mentioned in the article that in Apple's case you still have to purchase the music before you can strip the DRM from it unlike Napsters music which you onliy have to pay $15 for as much as you can eat!





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden Dead
  • Osama Bin Laden Dead



  • fivepoint
    Mar 16, 08:16 AM
    http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/electricalgeneration.png

    Nuclear is the only non-fossil fuel which has proven itself capable of producing sizable amounts of electricity. Wind, solar, etc. are a complete joke as of today. Instead of the OP, I guess the question you really need to answer is, should we make decisions based on sound reality based scientific data, or short-term, panic-mode, irrational reactions to the effects of an extremely rare national emergency which could have been better prepared for (like not putting the plant on the ****** BEACH!)

    For those of you advocating the elimination or reduction of nuke power, just realize that the only feasible alternative currently is...
    Drill baby, drill!





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden Killed: The
  • Osama Bin Laden Killed: The



  • kas23
    May 5, 11:04 AM
    I get about 0-1 dropped calls per day. That said, only about half of my incoming calls get through. The rest go straight to voicemail (so I am told).





    Who Killed Osama Bin Laden. Osama Bin Laden was killed
  • Osama Bin Laden was killed



  • trip1ex
    Apr 25, 07:11 PM
    I found it easy to move to Mac. I picked it up very quickly. I guess I just thought in terms of what I wanted to do in English and then searched the internets/mac for the command.

    Also lot of it was easy because I found the Mac to be well organized and streamlined.

    Not alot of tedious or unecessary clicks. Nothing seems to be as buried as it is in Windows.

    The biggest thing I don't like about OSX is the tiny buttons and scrollbars and windows that can come up. Like the Finder Viewing Options window.

    I find Windows easier to use in that aspect. Bigger buttons are just easier to mouse over and click. May look less refined, but easier to work with.





    damienvfx
    Sep 12, 06:03 PM
    and this was a smart move on Steve's part. He is trying to garner support for his movie download service, just like a producer would try and hedge his/her film to a few different production companies.

    Makes people more excited about the possibilities ahead. Which in tun production companies will want to jump on the bandwagon and reap some of the benefits.

    The preview wasn't for you and me per se. It was for Universal, Paramount, MGM, & Fox to see just how interested the market is in such a peripheral. Steve's got their attention now.





    dragonsbane
    Mar 20, 06:19 AM
    It is not the law that made iTunes music incompatible with other MP3 players, it's the file format and DRM design. Further, Apple has done nothing illegal in its choices and implementation. There is therefore no legitimate reason to break the law--your rights are what you agreed to when purchasing the music and nothing more.
    By that logic, women would still not be able to vote. Look at other societies that do not allow people to protest "unjust" laws. Compare where they stand to where we stand. I am simply trying to take us further still down the road of freedom for all humans. Anything that acts to restrict the natural association of humans is a Bad Thing�. DRM, by definition, falls into this category.

    DRM does not, in theory, infringe on your license rights.
    Again, I am bound by these laws but I do not need to AGREE with them. Do you agree with them? [That is a direct question btw.]

    Your freedom of choice comes with certain sacrifices
    All actions (free or not free) require sacrifices. So what is your point?

    and restrictions, none of which have been imposed on you illegally or prohibit you from legal use of the product. The only reason to break the law here is for the purpose of breaking the law, not for any delusions of your rights to do as you wish with music.
    Option A (Legal Participation): Buy the music and abide by the laws
    Option B (Legal Non-Participation): Don't buy the music and not be subject to any laws
    Option C (Something Different): Think for yourself and live life according to your own laws

    I will take C cuz it allows for both A & B while reserving my ability to think for myself. Even if I end up the same place as you, the journey I took to get there will make all the difference.





    cadillaccactus
    Aug 29, 12:54 PM
    I have been a devout mac user for a while now. I get wrapped up in the apple-is-always-right mindset plenty of the time. But greenpeace is a neutral third party evaluating a number of tech companies. While GP may hold companies to a high standard, and judge critically, there is no reason for us to assume that they rated one company in a spearate fashion.

    I would like to see a more formal reponse from apple.





    skottichan
    Apr 15, 12:57 PM
    A person being raped, is by definition, being forced. A person willfully having sex is not being forced. That scripture is expressing the importance of resiting when possible, while also preventing a willful participant from claiming that they were raped in order to avoid the consequences. What it is not doing is claiming that there are different kinds of rape. You are either raped, or you aren't.

    The problem is, and maybe I misread, that it only counts as "rape" if the woman fights back. All rapes are different, just as all women are, a rape victim I know personally, went into a catatonic state during the sexual assault. So, by that definition, she was "consenting" and should be stoned as well. In some cases, the assailant will threaten death of the victim/victim's family to ensure submission. So do these count as rape, since they're not fighting back?


    promiscuous or not, it is me. I want rights based on my sexual promiscuity. Why is it different? That is who I am.

    No ones rights are trampled for being promiscuous, unless you're a woman, then you're a slut and deserve what you get. (I wish this was sarcastic, but that's pretty much how women with multiple partners are viewed).





    Rt&Dzine
    Apr 26, 05:50 PM
    Or it vanished in a miracle.

    For the bread has risen.

    That is too ******* funny!